News - USF Research & InnovationResearch & Innovation » News
USF Seminar - Don't give your research away: Intellectual Property 101
Don't Give Your Research Away: Intellectual Property 101
Featuring: Dave Risley and Carin Miller of Thomas Horstemeyer, LLP
When: Wednesday, April 23rd at 2:00 PM
Where: Interdisciplinary Research Building, Oak View Room, First Floor
3720 Spectrum Blvd., USF Research Park, Tampa, Florida
Intellectual Property. Those two words fuel debate, excitement, revenue and progress. However, failing to appreciate the basic concepts and how to protect your innovations as intellectual property can lead to missed opportunities. Please join us for an informative presentation as Mr. Dave Risley and Dr. Carin Miller discuss the do's and don'ts for faculty and students who are interested in taking their research beyond the bench and turning their ideas into intellectual property assets.
The seminar will explore topics such as:
• What is intellectual property?
• What does intellectual property do for me as a University researcher?
• What are the different types of intellectual property?
• How do I obtain intellectual property rights?
• What should I do (or not do) to prevent losing my intelletual property rights?
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-974-0102. Reservations not required. Open to the USF Community.