Incubation: A Process not a Place
The Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI) is one vehicle through which USF CONNECT grows successful companies. TBTI supports technology research as a catalyst for economic development and advocates the creation and development of facilities for high-technology companies and related support functions.
One way TBTI is able to assist is by providing access to critical costly research equipment. Many companies originate in the community and seek our support to evolve their concepts to commercialization.
Economic impact of TBTI companies include:
- $67K average salary of current client jobs
- $109.7 million in total external funding received by current companies
- $11.5 million in external funding received in reporting period
- $11.7 million total annual sales revenues
- 56 TBTI companies
- 200 employees: jobs created & retained
Statistics of current TBTI incubated companies:
- 42% are community based start ups
- 58% are USF spin outs
- 37% are in Bio/Life Sciences
- 16% are in Bio/Life Sciences & Engineering
- 23% are in Engineering
- 12% are in Software and Information Technologies
- 12% are in other categories
- Have filed 31 patent applications and 8 patents were granted during the reporting period of October 1, 2013 – September 30, 2014
Incubator companies gain critical support and resources check out our current incubator companies.
The Tampa Bay Technology Incubator extends a special thanks to our sponsors.
Complete an application packet to be considered for acceptance for the TBTI Incubator.
The Council of Professionals works with USF CONNECT management to support the incubator client success in business.
Our mentors are experts in their fields and enable entrepreneurial success through their presentations at USF CONNECT seminars and by mentoring the TBTI clients.
High-Tech Facilities for Scientific Innovation: Tampa Bay Technology Incubator's new state-of-the-art wet lab facilities located in the heart of the USF Research Park.
USF Research Foundation, Inc.
3802 Spectrum Boulevard, Suite 100
Tampa, Florida 33612-9220
30338 USF Holly Dr.
Telephone: (813) 974-1082
Fax: (813) 396-9313
Paul R. Sanberg, Ph.D., D.Sc.
President, USF Research Foundation