Research Development Services
- Collaborate to identify areas of institutional research priorities
- Provide guidance for team building and inter and cross institutional connectivity
- Coordinate and convene multi-disciplinary interest groups
- Coordinate special catalytic cross disciplinary research initiatives
- Facilitate and coordinate preliminary meetings to discuss new research initiatives or opportunities
- Share information about federal policy that impacts research funding
Proposal Development Process:
To engage the services of RDS, the funding announcement must fit the criteria of a large complex grant.
- Application: An application and "contract of understanding" designating assigned responsibilities will be agreed upon and signed by both the faculty involved and Research Development Services (RDS).
- Triage: The project will be reviewed to determine if it meets the criteria of inter-, multi-, or transdisciplinary research: In addition the subject matter of the project must fall within the scope of the strategic plan of USF, must be logically and fiscally sound, strengthen our research initiatives, and have the ability to promote future direction in globalization.
- Project Management: "Team Meeting" will be organized by RDS and initiate the following:
- Review agency critique or reviewer reports to provide feedback and guidance about institutional and individual program proposal elements
- Review of program announcement and brainstorm about topic ideas and identification of project team members
- Establish a timeline for completion of deliverables
- Distribute assignments to team members
- Provide coordination for follow up meetings, assignment deadlines, and communication to off-site partners
- Act as a liaison with funding agencies during proposal development process
- Provide assistance through administrative structures with USF
- Provide resources if needed such as preparation of budget, justification, and editing proposal drafts
- Debriefing following application submission – "the good, the bad, and the ugly"
- Work with TRAIN to provide proposal specific training particularly on large interdisciplinary grants
- Work with TRAIN to provide grants.gov and NSF Fastlane training
- Provide inter departmental training on basic research topics